Basic SR&ED Refund Calculator
Last Update: December 2020.
This calculator is meant to provide a quick, unofficial look at how much your business could potentially recover using the SR&ED program. We built it to give your company an easy way to get an idea of what SR&ED could offer so you can gauge if pursuing a claim is in your best interest.
This is by no means a complete calculation as it is generated without insight into your current tax situation. There are a few assumptions that are made & as well as some limitations:
- Your fiscal year-end is December 31st.
- Specified employees are not treated separately from unspecified employees.
- No distinction is made between materials consumed and materials transformed.
- In years where provincial tax credit rates change, the percentage has been pro-rated.
- Capital Expenditures are excluded, even in provinces that still offer this incentive.
- Additional top-ups dependent on specific contracts with research institutions have been excluded.
- Expenditure limits and business size are not accounted for.
Despite these limitations, we hope you will find this helpful when determining whether it’s worth pursuing this tax credit.