Want to work with us?
We’re looking for people to join our dynamic team.
Many of our roles are remote and so we look for people who have the ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines. We also look for those who have the ability to handle confidential information with an understanding/enforcement of Information Security best practices.
We’re looking for people with excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English, exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills (incl. ability to interpret complex policy documents and extract key information from vague project development documents).
Research and Technology Consultant
(Various Fields of Science/Technology)
Part-Time, Contract, Remote
- Generate compelling technical narratives using appropriate terminology, based on information provided and independent research completed.
- Develop and submit technical summaries that are consistent with current program requirements (SR&ED.
- Independently advise on project scoping to determine project parameters and identify eligible R&D activities.
- Identify, classify, and review related expenditures to ensure compliance with funding program requirements.
- Additional client-management tasks, depending on level of seniority (ex. meetings, eligibility assessments, etc).
- Research federal, provincial, municipal funding programs, tax credits, and financing sources, as well as technology & current development methodologies.
- Research the SR&ED program and write compelling articles for online distribution.
- Develop and deliver training materials on SR&ED.
- Any other project-related or administrative tasks as required.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Advanced abilities in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for learning new skills and techniques outside of your normal area of expertise.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information and willingness to abide by all IT and IS policies and processes.
- Impeccable organizational and customer relationship skills.
- Knowledge & experience with the CRA’s Scientific Research & Experimental Development program. (If you do not have this experience, consider starting as an assistant.)
- A university degree in a field of Science or Technology would be considered an asset.
- Hand-on experience in Computer Science is considered an asset.
- Candidacy for a Master’s or PhD level degree would be considered an asset.
Currently $30-75/hr, depending on the level of experience and knowledge of the SR&ED program. Training available.